If you are looking for a dentist for your child, Kool Smiles is a great choice. At Kool Smiles, we understand that what children need from a dentist is different than what adults need, and our offices are designed with that in mind.
When you walk into any Kool Smiles office, you and your child will be greeted by cheerful decor, a friendly staff, and a waiting area that doubles as a play room.
Below are some common factors to consider when looking for a dentist:
1. Payment options. Taking your child to a dentist that is out of your network or does not accept your insurance can cost you a lot of money out-of-pocket. Kool Smiles accepts most major insurance plans, including Medicaid, TRICARE, SCHIP, state-specific providers, and other forms of payment.
2. Hours. You may not always be available to take your child to the dentist during normal business hours, and toothaches can happen at anytime. To help your child get the dental care they need, when they need it, almost all of our locations are open throughout the week and on Saturdays.
3. Location. With over 120 locations nationwide, finding a Kool Smiles in your neighborhood is simple. If you ever move, we make the process of changing your primary Kool Smiles office easy. Simply call your new Kool Smiles location (preferably a week in advance) and tell them that you are a current Kool Smiles patient who has recently moved to a new location.
4. Comfort. For young children, the dentist can be a scary place. At Kool Smiles, we want to make your children as comfortable as possible. We have playgrounds and toys in our waiting rooms, and we allow parents in the treatment room to keep their kids comfortable during an appointment.
5. Patient Satisfaction. In a recent survey, 97% of Kool Smiles patients said they would refer us to friends and family and that they would return to us for dental treatment.
Find a Kool Smiles location near you or call us today to make an appointment for your child.
Elementary school is the perfect time for children to learn about the importance of dental health. Kool Smiles makes it easier than ever for elementary school teachers to download lesson plans…Read Full Article
When your kids visit Kool Smiles, the dentist will teach them all about how to care for their teeth. But how can you keep them interested in good oral hygiene long after their…Read Full Article
With Medicaid coverage, your child's dental services are usually covered. But, it can be tricky to find a dentist who accepts Medicaid. Knowing what is covered and where you can find a…Read Full Article
All it takes is one wrong bite or a simple injury for your child to experience a toothache. If you are experiencing a true emergency, call 911 immediately. You can…Read Full Article
Children in Massachusetts can use their MassHealth Insurance to cover professional dental care at Kool Smiles. We believe that life-long healthy smiles start during childhood. That's why we make it easy…Read Full Article
Dry mouth is more than just being thirsty. Dry mouth is caused by a decrease of saliva in the mouth. Having a dry mouth can be annoying and uncomfortable, but left…Read Full Article
When your child goes in for a procedure, the dentist may use a common local anesthetic called Novocaine. This numbing agent helps to reduce dental pain while the dentist fixes any…Read Full Article
Cavities are holes created by bacteria that eat away at teeth. If a cavity is not filled, bacteria will continue to destroy the tooth. Cavities can lead to infection, which can get into…Read Full Article
Do you need to find an urgent care dentist near you? At Kool Smiles, we understand that your child's dental healthcare needs aren't always expected and emergency services are necessary.…Read Full Article
If your child has had wisdom teeth surgery, or recently had a tooth removed, the area may not be healing properly, causing your child to experience dry socket and severe…Read Full Article